Monday 5 August 2013

Autograph Album

I have been looking through my Mother's Autograph Album.

 Most of the signings are during the 1920's but a few are later.  I shall only comment when necessary as most of the signings speak for themselves.


It is a shame that most, if not all, are dead now ......... just these little epitaphs remain.

I can imagine my Mother sharing the book with friends and family, except for the odd occasion, and there would have been such laughter........
Writing on this sketch 'Auntie Smiles'
Uncle: Having a good ride, Reggie?
Reggie: Yes, but I like riding on a real donkey better.

The signatory, who I do not know, has also signed a drawing further on in the book which you can see in my second posting.



This life is not as we take it,
 This mystical life of ours, 
Life's field is just what we make it, 
A  harvest of thorns or of flowers


This one may have been written by a brother of my Auntie May 'England', I am sure she had a brother Charlie.
When the evening sun is setting, 
When your mind from care is free, 
When of others you are thinking, 
Will you sometimes think of me?


See that boy, he winks his eye,
He thinks I love him, he thinks a lie,
His hair don't curl and his boots don't shine,
He ain't good looking and he sharn't be mine.
 You couldn't put all your formal details in public like this  nowadays!!!


Mrs England would be Auntie May's mother and it looks like Charlie has a wicked sense of humour!
The sweetest word on earth is Mother.  and Charlie writes....  He or she who sits on these will surely rise.


Remembrance is all I ask
If you find it a task
forget me.

M Vincent is possibly my Auntie Maud on my grand Mother's side, maybe I will check this against the Ancestry records.






The Ships Hold is unsigned





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info