Sunday 30 October 2016

Getting the Frontage ready for Winter

I haven't touched the Front Garden for some time, apart from giving the Geraniums  a 'haircut' once a year!
This is the year that it is getting cleared and put back to how it always used to be.... a rosebed. 
The Geraniums were planted in there when part of the rear garden was given over to greenhouse and vegetables, so they have had a good run for their money.  They annoy me no end and take over the whole of the garden during the year.  Yes!  I know that I love Geraniums, have quite a big collection, but they have taken over from my roses so they must go ....
We started digging and clearing three days ago, spending a couple of hours out there on the first day. 
I was exhausted but happy with the way everything had gone, managed to add one of my Cliff Richard roses, two more to go. 
I have the original in a large pot and managed, over the years, to take two cuttings from this. 
Now we are about two thirds of the way round the rosebed, hoping tomorrow will be fine so that I can plant up the rest of the roses.

We will probably replant the Aubretia along the edge of the rosebed so that next spring there will be a fine border of purple and green, which will show off the daffodils (lots of them dotted about) to perfection.  
Once we have finished the garden we shall cover all the soil with the wood chippings removed from the Chicken Ranch, lots of fertiliser in there!!
UPDATE:

One finished garden!             Love it! 

It's so beautiful!                              Can't wait for Spring!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info