Thursday 8 December 2016

Paris ..... part one

This was a funny sort of visit - funny as in 'different'.
I love Paris, love every inch, can't get enough!   I also love a certain type of net curtain, bought in a French market some years ago, and want some more for my other window.  So I have to go to Paris to look for them .......  I know where to get them from, a shop that Lunch Lady Jan should never, ever visit.  Some trips to Paris are so busy that we don't have time to go to the shop, one trip the shop was closed and so the story goes on ...... we have to go back to Paris to buy some curtains.......
A couple of days before our trip I wrenched my right knee, walking caused a great deal of pain, but the trip was booked so off we went.
We had arranged for Ranger 1 to purchase our Paris travel tickets for us and were to collect them from the local Bar - Charolais.  
From our previous adventures in there we were looking forward to collecting the tickets!!!  True to form, after making our way from Gare de Nord, the tickets were waiting for us along with a 'few' drinks!   
Later (!) we left the Bar and made our way to the nearest Metro but on the way a bus arrived at the bus stop.  PJ remembered that this bus went along a route that passed near to our hotel so on we hopped!
We arrived at our Hotel and were shown to our room - very bijou this time but on the ground floor.
We had a view into the courtyard (our window can just  be seen), not that we spent much time looking out!!
We unpacked and then tootled down the road to Le Bel Air restaurant recommended by Hotel Reception, apparently several customers had remarked on how good the food was.

As per usual, the Restaurant was on the corner!!!  
We had a very tasty meal, I had Salmon with Pasta (doncha just loooove those French sauces!), PJ had Chicken Supreme, we were able to have a laugh with the Waiter - which is always important - and wandered back to the Hotel.  

Looking at its Facebook page I see it has live music evenings ....

We decided to visit the market next day, I love searching through all that old French stuff!

2 comments:

  1. oh what a wonderful trip - apart from the knee! I can't believe you go to Paris just for curtains... lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! Sorry to hear about your knee! Looking forward to reading on. Oh! and I can believe you would go to Paris for curtains! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info